This past weekend we were proud to take home three medals from the Best Little Brewfest in Texas. Dancin’ Monks brought home a gold medal in the Amber Ale category. Travelin’ Man received both a gold medal for the Specialty IPA category in addition to receiving Best in Show of the whole event! Read more about all the winners in the article by The Lewisville Texan Journal.
Nearly five years after opening, Adelbert’s Brewery is making a big change and becoming a brewpub. With that kind of license, the North Austin brewery known for its Belgian ales and barrel-aged beers can expand its experimental and seasonal offerings, as well as be able to have fans take Adelbert’s beers home with them from the taproom… Read the full article at Austin360.com!
Wine Enthusiast recently released their list of top seven beer cities in America. Austin made the list at #5 with Adelbert’s getting a shout as one of the local places to visit! Check our their full list of top beer cities here!
AUSTIN, Texas (December 30, 2015) – Adelbert’s Brewery in Austin, Texas is excited to announce it has received two Gold Medals from the 2015 Artisan Awards for Flyin’ Monks and Dancin’ Monks. With the addition of these two medals, Adelbert’s Brewery now holds 27 medals to date.
The Artisan Awards is a competition that showcases traditional made products from producers around the world. The Artisan Awards beer category is growing in both sales and popularity year after year. They aim to highlight where the products were sourced, much like a farmers market, by showcasing traditional, organic, handmade, local, small batch, and seasonal beer brands.
Flyin’ Monks, a quadrupel, is conditioned on oak cubes used by Spirit of Texas Distillery to age their Pecan Street Rum. This ale has complex sweet oak and rum flavors with a warm alcoholic finish. It also holds a Gold Medal from the International Craft Competition Awards and Regional Championship from the United States Beer Tasting Championship (USBTC).
Dancin’ Monks, a dubbel, is a clean, malty ale with fruity, plum aromas and robust flavors. The carbonation balances the moderate sweetness from the malt, resulting in a dry and smooth finish. It also has a Gold Medal from the Craft Beer Awards.
Prior to the Artisan Awards, Adelbert’s Brewery brought home another seven awards in 2015 including:
– Great American Beer Festival (GABF) Gold Medal in Belgian and French Style Ale for Vintage Monks
– International Craft Competition Awards Gold Medal for Flyin’ Monks
– Belgian White-Wit National Grand Champion from the United States Beer Tasting Championship (USBTC) for Naked Nun
– Silver Medal at the Best Of Craft Beer Awards for Naked Nun
– Bronze Medal from Best Little Brewfest in Texas for Tripel B
– Gold Medal from Best Little Brewfest in Texas for Scratchin’ Hippo
– International Craft Competition Awards Gold Medal for Vintage Nun
About Adelbert’s Brewery:
Adelbert’s Brewery is an award-winning microbrewery that produces bottle-conditioned ales in Austin, Texas. The brewery believes excellent beer requires quality ingredients and hands-on brewing. We use non-GMO Bohemian floor malted barley, Noble hops, and fresh yeast propagated at the brewery. While brewing, we utilize a multi-temperature decoction mash to extract a more complex flavor from our grains. For more information, visit www.adelbertsbeer.com.
AUSTIN, Texas (December , 2015)– Adelbert’s Brewery will release Barrel of Love, a whiskey barrel aged quadrupel, in January 2016. The beer is part of Adelbert’s Vintage Series and will be a seasonal release for Valentine’s Day. Barrel of Love will be released in kegs and bottles that will start selling to the market January 1, 2016.
Barrel of Love 2015 is an 11 percent quadrupel aged in Treaty Oak Distillery’s whiskey barrels. Brewed with dark Belgian candy syrup and Trappist yeast, the quad offers complex fruity notes of figs, raisins and plums. This Belgian style ale pairs well with aged Gouda, roasted duck, pork, bread pudding, and is perfect for a Valentine’s Day dinner.
Scott Hovey, brew master and founder of Adelbert’s Brewery, fell in love with bourbon chocolate stouts and decided to make some of his own.
“We’ve released Barrel of Love in the past, but this year’s is a different, special release for Valentine’s Day,” Hovey said. “Each year the style of Barrel of Love will shift, but it will always be aged in a barrel.”
For more information about Barrel of Love and the Vintage series, visit AdelbertsBeer.com.
About Adelbert’s Brewery:
Based in Austin, Texas, Adelbert’s Brewery is committed to brewing Belgian-style, bottle-conditioned ales for people to seek, savor, and share with others. Adelbert’s uses Bohemian old-world floor malted barley, low alpha Noble Czech hops, fresh yeast propagated at the brewery, and a multi-temperature decoction mash technique. The brewery believes quality beers require quality ingredients and a painstaking attention to detail throughout the brewing process.
Want to up your dinner party game? Make it interactive with a beer and cheese pairing!
We got together with our friends at Antonelli’s Cheese Shop to select these perfect pairings!
Sales Representative Duties
• Support Austin, Houston and DFW sales (home base in Austin or Houston)
• Maintain sales and customer service with existing on-premise accounts as well as development of new relationships
• Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and achieve sales goals
• Plan and execute on- and off-premise accounts promotions as required (note: evenings; weekend festivals)
• Develop strategic outreach plans for targeted accounts
• Execute overall sales strategy and achieve sales goals
• Educate accounts on product offerings
• Manage allocations and forecast orders
• Maintaining familiarity with and keeping up with changes in the competitive landscape (ie, food and beer trends), products, business culture and competition
• Must live in Austin or Houston
• 1-3 years of craft beer industry sales experience or other relevant sales
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
• Highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions
• Strong sense of urgency, proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
• Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage customer relationships
• Must provide proof of valid State registration and automobile insurance
• Must provide proof of a clean driving record
• Able to lift 30-50 lbs with regularity
Competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, medical/dental, and other benefits are available.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Position posted 12/3/2015. Will be removed from website once closed.