The holidays are a special time to come together with family and friends. When you love beer as much as we do, incorporating beer into those celebrations is a given. To help you make your Thanksgiving Dinner extra special, here are our recommended beer and food pairings!
Cranberry Sauce w/ Naked Nun
The citrus and coriander notes in Naked Nun compliment the tartness of the cranberries and balance with the sweeter notes of the cranberry sauce.
Stuffing w/ Travelin’ Man
This floral, citrusy Belgian IPA in more balanced than traditional hop-bomb IPAs allowing it to handle pairing with both sweet and savory stuffings.
Pecan Pie w/ Flyin’ Monks
Aged on rum soaked oak cubes, this ale present a rich complexity of sweet oak and warming rum notes which balance well with the spices in the pie.
Turkey and Scratchin’ Hippo
The notes of caramel and roasted malt will bring out the flavors of both white and dark meat as well as add a hint of sweetness to savory gravy.
The Whole Meal w/ Sundowner
This Bier Brute we only release around the holidays is designed to go with everything in your holiday feast! The fruity notes, effervescent body and bone dry finish make is perfect to flow throughout the courses. This would also make a fantastic after meal sipper!
The Whole Meal w/ Philosophizer
The higher alcohol percentage of this spiced, dry saison will cut through fats and starches to present an edge of sweetness and diverse complex flavors that pair perfectly with the whole meal.
We partnered with The Rare Beer Club® to benefit the Pints for Prostates campaign. Together we raised $2,760! Read The Rare Beer Club’s blog for more info about our collaboration!
WE ARE NOT LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSTING
Tasting room managers ensure that the tasting room operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos. Manager is responsible for the business performance of the tasting room, as well as maintaining high standards of food and beverage, service, and health and safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Scheduling bartenders, door staff, bands and food trucks
• Effectively manage staff (scheduling, changes, training, disciplinary, addressing concerns, etc.)
• Ability to change kegs and perform basic maintenance on tap wall
• Perform opening and closing duties and maintain tasting room area and cleanliness
• Assume responsibility for inventory control for tasting room, ensuring no “stock outs” occur
• Oversee inventory needs of the bar (towels, glasses, cleaners, toilet paper, etc) and coordinate reorders/purchases.
• Ensure the premises is a safe environment for all patrons and staff, and complies with TABC and safety requirements at all times
• Understands beer styles and proper beer serving
• Operate POS system
• Develop and manage a schedule of upcoming events (i.e. special tappings, bands, glass nights, etc) and communicate with marketing
• Coordinate special events and private parties
• Give tours or coordinate with senior staff to provide tours
• Provide reports of growth, slow down, opportunities and incidents in the tasting room to General Manager
• Oversee budget of staffing and expenses regarding the tasting room
• Complete other general duties as the manager may require from time to time.
• Attention to Detail: Punctual and reliable; follows established guidelines and procedures to ensure accuracy; willingness to take direction and complete tasks fully and on time; concentrates on routine work details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
• Initiative: Ability to develop and follow through with ideas, plans, and promotions; takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
• Relationship Management: Initiates and develops relationships with others; demonstrates credibility; calm under pressure; confronts conflict quickly and professionally; ability to maintain poise in a fast paced environment and problem solve; inspires confidence in others.
• Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills; works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions; contributes to the team’s efforts.
• Technical: Possess basic math skills and ability to handle money; basic understanding of social media and effective utilization of each; integrate social media campaigns into marketing initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent; or two to three years of related experience and/or three years of customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• TABC and City of Austin Food Handler certified (or must be completed prior to employment).
Preferred Education and Experience
• Strong knowledge of the craft brewing industry
• Some knowledge of the company and product offerings
• Previous beverage industry experience
Please submit resumes to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taylor, the head brewer here at Adelbert’s, is someone worth knowing. He’s an excellent brewer, and an excellent human, with a diverse set of skills and experiences. He has a way of making life enjoyable for the people around him—aside from, of course, providing great beer for them to drink. His beer journey started early, at the age of thirteen, when he and his Belgian friend would steal beers from his friend’s father. He began home brewing in college, where he studied finance. For a while after school he worked in day-trading, and eventually settled into a job at Apple. It was during this time that he really delved into brewing and honed in on some skills. He began to volunteer at Adelbert’s in 2011, and worked his way into his current role.
The projects he works on for Oddwood ales are mostly barrel-related, and unconventional even for barrel-work. His beers are barrel fermented, not simply barrel aged.
He is soon to be married, and is really excited about the new chapter in his life. Brewing is very strenuous work, and can easily swallow a man, which is one reason he finds his relationship with his fiancé to be so important in his life; it brings forth balance. Like any artist, he finds inspiration for his work in all the other areas of his life. For Taylor, the main ones are travel and relationship.
Some advice for homebrewers and anyone who is considering the industry: Dry hop under pressure, spend as much on your cold side as you do on your hot side, and find a brewery that makes the beer you like to drink, and that is full of the people you enjoy. Brewing is really hard work, so don’t bother doing it somewhere you don’t want to be.
May 6, 2015 – AUSTIN – Adelbert’s Brewery, a Belgian-style brewery based in Austin Texas, is proud to announce the release of its newest beer, Pablo’s Pale Ale. This draught-only beer will be available across Texas starting early May.
Pablo’s Pale Ale is a clean, light bodied and hoppy Belgian-style pale ale. Loosely inspired by the hop forward blonde ales found throughout Belgium, it is brewed with a unique blend of new world German and Czech hops.
Adelbert’s owner and brewmaster, Scott Hovey, noted, “We like to brew the beer we like to drink, which is why we brewed this easy drinking pale ale for the summer. We can’t wait to share this new one with everyone.”
In keeping with the Adelbert’s tradition, the ale is named in honor of the brewery’s namesake, George Adelbert Hovey. This beer is named after of his son, Pablo. Del was a loving and involved father. He enjoyed coaching his children’s soccer games and taking them on fishing trips.
The brewery recommends pairing it with feta, grilled fish or spicy dishes.
About Adelbert’s Brewery:
Based in Austin, Texas, Adelbert’s Brewery is committed to brewing Belgian-style, bottle-conditioned ales for people to seek, savor, and share with others. Adelbert’s uses Bohemian old-world floor malted barley, low alpha Noble Czech hops, fresh yeast propagated at the brewery, and a multi-temperature decoction mash technique. The brewery believes quality beers require quality ingredients and a painstaking attention to detail throughout the brewing process. Learn more at www.adelbertsbeer.com