WE ARE NOT LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSTING
Tasting room managers ensure that the tasting room operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos. Manager is responsible for the business performance of the tasting room, as well as maintaining high standards of food and beverage, service, and health and safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Scheduling bartenders, door staff, bands and food trucks
• Effectively manage staff (scheduling, changes, training, disciplinary, addressing concerns, etc.)
• Ability to change kegs and perform basic maintenance on tap wall
• Perform opening and closing duties and maintain tasting room area and cleanliness
• Assume responsibility for inventory control for tasting room, ensuring no “stock outs” occur
• Oversee inventory needs of the bar (towels, glasses, cleaners, toilet paper, etc) and coordinate reorders/purchases.
• Ensure the premises is a safe environment for all patrons and staff, and complies with TABC and safety requirements at all times
• Understands beer styles and proper beer serving
• Operate POS system
• Develop and manage a schedule of upcoming events (i.e. special tappings, bands, glass nights, etc) and communicate with marketing
• Coordinate special events and private parties
• Give tours or coordinate with senior staff to provide tours
• Provide reports of growth, slow down, opportunities and incidents in the tasting room to General Manager
• Oversee budget of staffing and expenses regarding the tasting room
• Complete other general duties as the manager may require from time to time.
• Attention to Detail: Punctual and reliable; follows established guidelines and procedures to ensure accuracy; willingness to take direction and complete tasks fully and on time; concentrates on routine work details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
• Initiative: Ability to develop and follow through with ideas, plans, and promotions; takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
• Relationship Management: Initiates and develops relationships with others; demonstrates credibility; calm under pressure; confronts conflict quickly and professionally; ability to maintain poise in a fast paced environment and problem solve; inspires confidence in others.
• Teamwork: Strong interpersonal skills; works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions; contributes to the team’s efforts.
• Technical: Possess basic math skills and ability to handle money; basic understanding of social media and effective utilization of each; integrate social media campaigns into marketing initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent; or two to three years of related experience and/or three years of customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• TABC and City of Austin Food Handler certified (or must be completed prior to employment).
Preferred Education and Experience
• Strong knowledge of the craft brewing industry
• Some knowledge of the company and product offerings
• Previous beverage industry experience
Please submit resumes to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.