With temperatures in the triple digits, the summer is heating up, but you can cool down with our latest pairing. These carrot cheesecake pudding pops are indulgent but refreshing on a hot summer’s day, and pair perfectly with an aromatic and fresh can of Travelin’ Man IPA.
When paired with Travelin’ Man, this easy to make sweet treat is the perfect way to end the day, whether you spent it in the cool of the A/C or took on the great outdoors and an adventure of your own! Read on to get the full recipe and tag us in your photos using #SavorYourSummer!
About the Brew
Travelin’ Man is a rotating hop IPA, that’s classic enough to satisfy west coast hop heads and appease haze craze Northeasterners at the same time. And if those nation-spanning flavors aren’t enough travel for you, Travelin’ Man features rotating hops from around the world in each batch giving this beer subtle aroma and flavor changes in each iteration. When you drink Travelin’ man you’ll be inspired to go forth and have your own global adventures.
Travelin’ Man + Carrot Cheesecake Pudding Pops
This beer is fresh yet hoppy making it perfect for aged cheddar, curry, spicy seafood and carrot cake. We think you’ll love this juicy brew with a summer and family friendly Carrot Cheesecake Pudding Pop, which is easily made with homemade pudding and a store-bought cake mix.
Ingredients and Shopping List
1 package carrot cake mix + ingredients listed on box
¼ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
2 ½ cups cold milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup room temperature cream cheese
A pinch of salt
4-pack or more of popsicle molds
6-pack or more of Travelin’ Man*
*Find Adelbert’s Travelin’ Man at your local HEB, Central Market, Whole Foods or visit our taproom and pick up what you need.
How to Make Carrot Cheesecake Pudding Pops
- Follow instructions on box to make cake. Set aside to cool.
- While cake is baking whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cold milk in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Whisk until mixture thickens and small bubbles come to the surface, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in the vanilla and cream cheese until smooth.
- Assemble the pops by breaking up the cool carrot cake and stuffing into the popsicle molds, leaving room for pudding between chunks of cake. Then spoon in the pudding, tapping the molds occasionally so the pudding sinks to the bottom and fills the entire container.
- Freeze overnight or until set.
- Once frozen, serve with a Travelin’ Man IPA and let us know what you think with #SavorYourSummer