Some things just belong together. Bert and Ernie. A good book and a thunderstorm. Bacon and all other foods. But there’s no pair as perfect as summer and beer. Just make sure it’s the right beer because sipping a dark, heavy beer in the is like putting on a wool sweater to sit by the pool.
To help you get through the summer months comfortably, we’ve sourced the tastiest recipes that pair perfectly with our year-round brews. So, whether you’re headed to the greenbelt, lake or just relaxing at home you’ll be happy you’ve stocked your cooler with Adelbert’s. Savor your summer and check out this week’s recipe featuring Mango Wit – a crisp and refreshing wit brewed with lemon peel and real mangos. And don’t forget to tag your photos using #SavorYourSummer and share them with us!
About The Brew
Mango Wit is one of our most popular flavors and is perfect for summer. Bright citrus notes balance with subtle mango flavors to delight your palate and make for a perfect sunny afternoon. Enjoy straight from the can or in a pint glass.
Mango Wit + Thai Grilled Shrimp
If you’re looking for a new favorite summer party snack, this is it. It’s packed with flavor, cooks in just minutes and won’t leave you feeling stuffed. When paired with Adelbert’s Mango Wit, the citrus in the marinade will help bring out the smooth, fruity, and refreshing flavors of the beer.
Ingredients & Shopping List
- 2 lbs uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Six pack or more of Adelbert’s Mango Wit*
*Find Adelbert’s Mango Wit at your local HEB, Central Market or Whole Food to visit our taproom and pick up what you need.
How To Make
- In a medium sized bowl combine shrimp, ginger root, garlic, juice and zest of the lime.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, sriracha, salt and pepper.
- Pour the honey mixture over the shrimp and stir until evenly coated.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes, then thread on skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Once heated, grill shrimp 3-4 minutes per side until cooked.
- Serve hot with an ice cold can of Mango Wit
- Tag your photos using #savoryoursummer and tell us what you think!
Want more delicious recipes delivered to your inbox? Sign up for our email newsletter!